Monday, March 28, 2011

Ethnography Results Week 7

This week I observed the College Station movie theater. I arrived at 9:35p.m. on Sunday, and watched a movie at 10:05p.m. This time I observed something I had not seen yet in the seven weeks of this ethnography. I saw a person bringing in a small dish of food into the theater without the theater staff noticing. I was not very close to identify the type of dish the person was smuggling, but from a distance it seemed like a to-go plate from Fazzoli's Italian Restaurant. The even funnier fact is that the person who had smuggled the food was in the same movie I went to see. If you are asking how I know? It was because I could smell the marinara sauce all over the place, I was right!! The person brought in some type of Italian food! I have known of people bringing in cokes, or candy into the theater but never had experienced someone bringing in an actual meal. This experience reminded me of a chain of movie theaters in Mexico called Cinepolis VIP. In these theaters, you sit in lazy boys and are given a menu with beer, sushi and other type of food which you can order prior to the movie starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment